Printer head wheel broken

My print head wheel broke in half. Anyone know if I’m still able to run the machine?

I looked for parts on glowforge shop but didn’t see any…

It’s the Christmas rush and I have so much orders to fill… Any help will be greatly appreciated…

Thank you!!

Sadly no, you can’t run the machine without those wheels - it’ll snag and drag and nothing will cut where you need it to.

A staff member will get here ASAP and arrange to ship you replacements.

1 Like

:frowning: Thanks @dierdrebeth… My machine is only 9 months old and has been running great until now :frowning:

We took off the print head to clean the lens and saw it…

1 Like

Some have reported a tiny bit of success super gluing the wheel back together while waiting for replacements. I hope you get your replacements soon.

2 Likes

Someone did respond to me fairly quickly when I sent the email directly to glowforge support; however, after i responded a 2nd time, I haven’t heard back :frowning:

They don’t tend to respond unless they have something to say - so they are likely waiting for a response from the warehouse on stock levels, or waiting for the warehouse to let them know that they’ve got the shipment ready to go.
This is now a duplicate ticket so they will not go forward until they have closed this one, so you’ll see this get closed and then you’ll likely see the next response in your email right after.

Next time just do one or the other - it’ll speed things up ever so slightly :slight_smile:

1 Like

noted…

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

2 Likes