Printhead stopped in place 3/4 way through the print job

Print head does not move, stopped during a print run. It is in position over the partial print, but it is doing nothing. Did not see an error message.

Magic button is off, no color and no blinking.

Help?!?

1 Like

Is the machine still on even?
What is the GFUI say about the machine(online, off-line, centering, etc)?

Some of us other owners can try and help until GF Support get here.

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge and I’ll be helping you troubleshoot today. I apologize for the length of time it took to get a response, but moving forward responses will be much faster.

I extracted some logs from your Glowforge and I can see that you are currently printing, that’s great!
Are you still having the movement or power issue? I was able to go back in the logs and I’m not seeing any major errors or faults on my end. Did the issue fix itself or did you do something on your end to resolve it?

Thanks,

I turned off the GF. Tried it again after a few minutes and it did the same thing. Stopped in mid print. Head near center, no motion, no beam. So I shut down overnight. Went in the following pm and things seemed to work okay.
Still have no clue. But at least it is functioning.
I guess we will close this event for now. Thanks.

Hi Andrew,

Please don’t hesitate to email us in the event that it happens again. If it does happen again it’s extremely helpful to us if you can get a video of the laser tube and printer head. This allows us to determine what could be going on with the machine.

I’m glad you are up and printing again though! I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post now. If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to reach out!

Regards,