Pro Model Summertime Usage

I am currently seeing our GlowForge stop to cool several times during a 1-hour long print and it can’t be much over 72 degrees in my house. I’m just wondering because if it can’t handle this heat, how well should I expect it to work in the summertime when it’s 95 degrees outside (we don’t have a.c.)

Is the air filter supposed to help with this?

This sounds odd. My pro has never had to pause for heat and it’s in my garage. It’s been well over 85 in there during the day.

Yeah, it probably won’t even start if ambient is 95.

The recommended operating environment is here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/safety/operating-environment

Pro: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius)

1 Like

Since it will only treat the exhaust, it’s not going to provide any chilling.

1 Like

I believe it is just a coolant temp sensor, not an ambient temp sensor.

1 Like

Pretty sure there are multiple temperature sensors in the GF.

2 Likes

Coolant and TEC/peltier temp. What else?

The MCU has an internal one I believe and there are four ADC inputs coming from the lid. I think three are accelerometers and possibly the fourth is temperature. I would guess there are others as well as we were told there were more than 50 sensors.

1 Like

Temp sensors log from the power supply, control board, interconnect, head, TEC and coolant.

All four ADC’s from the lid look like temp sensors from four areas of the lid LED drivers.

The accelerometers are I2C. Those are located on the control board, the lid, and the head.

6 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. I’m glad you were able to get back up and printing!

I’m going to close this thread–if you have any other questions, please start a new topic or email support@glowforge.com.