Pro Passthrough Release

I’ve searched the forum but can’t find any updates on how long the waiting process is supposed to be, even ball park. I have a few large commissions I have on hold waiting for this and was hoping there might be some kind of updated timeline for the approval process.

1 Like

There is no guarantee. Acceptance is based on data collected from prior prints on your particular machine, as well as the number currently in the program.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, that’s what I figured, but I’m not on the forums a ton, so I has desperately hoping there was something I had missed lol

Did you ever get this problem resolved?
I just got the passthrough beta a few days ago and I did several trials of scoring cardboard. Everything lined up perfectly and I thought things were great. Today I went to cut wood for a project and the whole system failed several times. It said print failed after the first cut and wouldn’t auto line up every time I tried. However, what really got me was it wouldn’t cut through the wood at all! I could turn pass through beta off and cut perfect through the exact same piece of wood; turn it back on and it will not cut through the wood. This is a wood I cut a lot of and never have problems with.

Unfortunately the problem is still present on my machine. I believe it’s on their end. I did find a temporary workaround though, which was to set the focus for all cuts to 0.001mm (as close to zero as possible but not zero, as it won’t let you). It seems like a simple programming bug and I don’t know why it takes this long to fix. Hopefully this workaround will work for you as well until they find a solution (if they ever do). But it appears you are having other failure issues as well, which I don’t have an answer to unfortunately.

My experience today with the passthrough beta alignment is the same as yours. It worked perfectly for me a couple of days ago, but today it gave me a “print failed” at the end of each stage in the print. Also, something seems to have changed in the way the GFUI image of the bed shows up – today I was unable to save the print by manually aligning, though I have been able to do it in the past.

But, unlike your experience, I did not any problem with it cutting through. The cuts were fine, but they didn’t line up.

Ah, well. Such is the life of beta testers. Since mine is a utilitarian print, I’ll go back to dividing the parts into smaller pieces that fit together with puzzle-piece joints.

Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try.

Looks like I am just getting a double whammy on both issues but good to know Im not alone. Like I said, I just got it a few days ago and I was blown away at how great it worked, then today I’m like ummm… lol.
Beta testing for sure

1 Like

Has there been any updates or a plan to fix this unsuccessful error? It happened to me 3 times and my whole piece is ruined even though it’s successfully cutting the pieces! I’ve gone through Google and the Facebook page and it happened to a lot of us but with no solutions or hint thay glowforge had a clue it’s happening.

I ran my first job the other day with a big 33in long sign I ran it twice and it worked like butter! Only issue I had was the very last cut it froze and gave me a blank white screen it wasn’t a big deal since I was finished after running the pass through 8 times. Last night I went to run a smaller 3 letter 30 in sign and on the second cut it showed it was aligning and then gave me the unsuccessful error even though the cut was fully successful. I flipped my material, cleaned my mirror, and tried a few more times each was unsuccessful. The last time I tried the entire app crashed and I gave up.

If you haven’t posted your results in this thread (per the terms of the beta testing agreement), they have no idea you have had an issue, and can’t research it from the logs and images gathered by your machine during the print.

The beta is to gather feedback from owners willing to try it and share results with the beta development team, in this discussion.

2 Likes

When I first got the beta it was 100% on point with the alignment. Yesterday I went to use it and after the first cut I am getting a failed error. Tried again today and all 3 times I got the same error. So disappointed. I know it’s just a beta so far but the alignment never lines up without it so now I’m stuck not using the passthrough :confounded:

1 Like

I’ve previously used Beta with no issue…quite the opposite actually. Perfect alignment, super user friendly.

I tried 3 cuts yesterday, all 3 wouldn’t move on to the 2nd cut. It didn’t even seem to be taking the time to “take pictures” to align like normal. It just went straight to the Print Unsuccessful screen. I rebooted computer, machine, cleaned it…same result! My manual alignment was about an inch off as well.

3 Likes

Previous cut…bc I need to do 100 more of these now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This was my exact problem last night. We had a successful double 33 in sign last week, no issues. Last night ran the second part of this sign a 30in with 3 letters and it couldn’t get past the first cut. “Unsuccessful error” and then after trying two more times the entire workspace crashed. I had to many realign my laser head this morning and recalibrate it. It didn’t even want to boot up.

I’ve successfully used the passthrough before (although it was way back in February!).
When I tried several times on Saturday, 7/18 however, I had the same issues as some have mentioned above: cut/engraved fine on the first part, then immediate “Print Unsuccessful” screen and had to try to manually align. I couldn’t get it matched up nicely trying to eyeball it and ended up having to make a smaller rectangle to save the piece. (It was a project for a customer and the wood had been painted/masked specifically for this piece.)

1 Like

Mine too. Didn’t seem like it was taking pics at all

I successfully used the Passthrough Beta a couple times, but starting the other day, after the first cut, the machine says it is “taking pictures”, then the message "Print Unsuccessful”. I recall the times it worked I saw a flash of light when pictures were taken but not now. Maybe the camera is not working to take pictures? I tried to manually align, then cut, but it is not perfect. I sent email to customer service.

1 Like

Based on the posts and replies above over the past few days, we are all experiencing the same issues. Friday afternoon/night, 7/17/2020, I successfully (for the first time) cut 3 projects using the Passthrough Beta software. My longest project was about 48" long.

On Saturday 7/18/2020 & Sunday 7/19/2020, I tried a total of 6 projects and none of them worked. **I had to manually align them and make the finals cuts. This process is not horrible but, it does take time to get it right.

I have seen how much the Passthrough software will change our lives and trust that the bugs will get worked out.

These are examples of how well the software works.

Each of these names are about 20" long.

This sign is 4’ wide x 2’ tall. Multiple cuts, in different directions, but the software made it ALOT easier!

**In case anyone in wondering, most of our projects are painted and then masked. When the Passthrough software fails, I manually align it the best I can via the camera. I change from a cut to a score of about 10%. This will score the masking and not the wood. I print the score, and watch how it lines up. Remember that you can hit the GF button to stop the print, go back and cancel the print, and not waste time scoring the entire piece. Once I’m happy with how the score lines up, I switch back to the cut and print it. The scoring usually takes a couple of tries. Sometimes, I get lucky on the first try.

2 Likes

I too am having the same issue that many of you are having. I’m a new users, only about 2.5 weeks in so I didn’t realize there was this thread. I put in a ticket and support directed me here. Like others, the passthrough beta was working great just days ago, but this weekend I had the same issue that everyone else is stating, failing to take pictures after the first cut then requiring me to align manually.

I’m looking forward to this being resolved because I’ve failed at aligning manually - I’m not good at it. I do appreciate the suggestions of using the masking tape and score to see if you’ve lined up the next cut, that’s a great idea. :+1:

1 Like

The beta has had issues since Friday evening. Does anyone know if they have been cleared up?