Pro Passthrough Release

Mine was actually 3 because I didn’t know what I was doing at first. But yes it aligned perfectly the 3rd cut.

1 Like

Thanks, I guess I’ll keep trying

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear it - what a lousy time to be laid up. Take care.

I just did 5 today. Moving an inch or two or three towards the center can help the cameras figure it out.

3 Likes

I’ve had 5 or 6 without issue. The 50’ “How Big?” example Dan posted would have had dozens.

3 Likes

I lost count. It was close to 100, probably in the 80-90 range. (math says minimum of 85, but that’s assuming exact 3” overhangs, which I probably didn’t hit. 90 sounds about right.)

I had two mismatches which I bet I could resolve now, this was much earlier in the beta, before updates and more experience with how to get matches to work.

5 Likes

I liked your post but really don’t like it…I lied. So sorry you’re laid up and hope you have a very speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Yes do it!!! Don’t forget to use a referral code too! $500 off the pro! It’s seriously such a great machine!

Yes do it, but as an existing customer he’s ineligible for a referral code discount. Whomp whomp.

Ouch. Hope the recuperation goes well. Keep us posted.

This is all so exciting!! I just the pass-through dozens of times a day and this would save me hours on file prep. Cannot wait to get it on my unit!!!

If anyone knows where to buy that Giraffe Growth Chart file, I’d be very interested to find where. I’ve been looking for it in this forum and etsy but with no luck so far. :+1:

Thanks for the tip! I got in and I am SOOOO EXCITED to use it!

1 Like

Most Excellent! Have fun making something BIG! :smile:

One of the Glowforge designers (Shell) designed that…with luck it will show up in the Catalog one day. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do they just send you an email if you get picked? I really want to try it.

I guess so from a comment above.

I guess I was a swing and a miss. So the pool table will remain lightless for a while longer.

Hey @dan in the article above you said:

“We expect newer units may experience better automatic alignment than older ones”

Is there a difference in the cameras or lenses used between older and newer machines? Is it just build tolerances? Is there an upgrade path for those users that might not be getting or able to get good results?

2 Likes

@dan This passthrough is exactly the reason I bought my Pro machine as an original founder and then waited 2 years to get it delivered. Then was really upset I could never really benefit from that feature. As a graphic designer I do branding and signage for live corporate events in the Seattle area. I need large signs and this was THE REASON I chose the Glowforge instead of other options I am still waiting to be able to use this nearly 4 years later. I did create one of the initial Snap Mark pass through tutorial write ups, but that is so labor intensive and It was really sold that this passthrough would be easy to use, cut up your designs and re register them. I really feel that we should all get that feature one our machines if we bought a pro or be offered a substitute machine that does offer the feature we paid extra for. I also have a filter that was billed to be able to sit on your kitchen counter but is an unusable albatross sitting next to my machine unused because the price of each filter makes it not usable. We have mostly been very patient waiting for the software to come, but if we are being told it may not be coming to all that is really a slap in the face to those of us that were founders, it is blatenly opposite to the marketing of the product we were sold and the upgraded fetaure we all paid for on the Pro. those of us who had our machines early helped spread the word about the Glowforge and in many cases drove countless sales of the machine. I can deal with not getting the filter to work, but I NEED that Passthrough. feel like those of us that have been here patiently waiting since the beginning deserve at least the beta of that feature and a working pass through on all Pros.

2 Likes

That’s the plan. Everyone who has a Pro eventually gets the Passthrough software. Did you sign up to beta test it? (I believe the deadline for the beta was last Friday.)

Yes I did but haven’t gotten any info on it, I’m hearing some talk that the oldest machines may nit get it at all??