Pro passthrough Remai

Hi there
I try to print using the passthrough and I get an error

Thanks for any help!

Try pushing the material back towards the back by about an inch, and then hit Retry at the top. You need to make sure at least 3" of design shows above the door.

(It might also help to mask the material before you start your cuts with white masking tape…it provides better contrast for the camera, and reduces misfires.)

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate, and it looks like your Glowforge is having trouble communicating with the printer head. There are two key connections I’d like you to check for me.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.
  3. There is a small tab in the center of the wire ribbon. Push down fully on the tab to release it, and gently pull the wire ribbon plug from the printer head.
  4. Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon. It should look like this.
  5. Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon back into the head until it clicks.
  6. As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.
  7. Pull the laser arm all the way forward.
  8. Reach over the laser arm, and to the left of the inside of the unit and you’ll see this circuit board:
  9. Take a photo of the circuit board. If the cable I’ve indicated above with the red arrow appears to be loose, please reconnect it and try printing again. This cable should ‘click’ back into place.
  10. Turn your Glowforge back on.
  11. Send us the photos you took in step 4 and step 9.

Hi @griseltuc. It’s been a couple days since Jeremy’s response, and I wanted to check in and see if you’'re still running into any trouble with Passthrough prints. Feel free to let us know the results and send any photos from Jeremy’s troubleshooting steps. We’ll be happy to review everything to get this resolved. Thank you!

Hi Brandon
Thanks for asking
Actually, yesterday the passthrough have some problem again, today I clean the machine and now I will cut ( or try ). I will keep in touch with you

Hi there
I try again working with passthrough and don’t work

Hello @griseltuc, thank you for providing that update. Could you please work through the steps that my colleague Jeremy posted above? Once we have those photos, we review and follow up with next steps. Thank you!

Hi there, I try to use the pass-through again but still having problems. I clean again the machine and try another cut but not working! this is frustrating

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.