Problem Focusing

Hello everybody,

This is my first post and I have been reading the forums for about 3 hours now, and other than the troubleshooting offer by glowforge and all troubleshooting steps including wiping the lenses, cleaning, etc. I’ve done it. It is sad because I literally just got my glowforge today and i was cutting without issues. Not sure what else to do, right now all I have is an orange light and it says “Focusing” on the app.

Please help :frowning:

I believe a yellow light is usually temperature related.

If it is a Basic or Plus model, the operating temperature range for the machine is from 60°-75°F, and the machine heats up a few degrees during long jobs. Check the room temperature to see if it’s close to the limits. If it is, try letting the machine cool for a while with the lid open and turned off, and then try starting it again.

It’s also possible that the signal dropped and it’s stuck…you can try rebooting everything to clear it.

Turn off the Glowforge. Turn off computer. Unplug router for a minute or so to let it reboot.

Then plug each component back in and let it boot and complete any startup routines before turning on the next item. (Router, then computer, then Glowforge.)

After the Glowforge finishes the startup calibration you can open the app.

I tried all of it , what end up solving it for now I think it was unplugging the ribbon cable and re plugging it. The temperature on the room is 65 F so not sure what happen there.

Thank you for quick reply though much appreciate it!!

Great, glad you found it! Might have just been a loose connection on that ribbon cable.

Thanks for the quick help, @jules! Since the issue’s been resolved, I’ll be closing this thread out. If you have any other questions or run into any trouble, don’t hesitate to create a new thread of contact us directly at support@glowforge.com.

1 Like