Problem with Centering

I am having an issue with centering and scanning just constantly spinning on the screen when I turn my Glowforge on. I have restarted my computer and the Glowforge multiple times and it still does not fix the issues. .

I have tried the following to fix the issue as recommended in the searches I have conducted on the Forums.

-Cleaned the cameras and lenses as recommended.
-I have powered off the Glowforge multiple times and removed the power cord and put it back in.
-When I powered the machine down, I have tried to gently move the arm and laser to attempt to make it refocus and recalibrate.
-I have checked all of the ribbon cable connections on the machine and they appear to be seated correctly.

I need help as I have many orders that are currently waiting to be fulfilled. And unfortunately, I am losing business when this occurs. Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Sounds like you’ll need to replace the black ribbon cable on the lid. Here’s a recent post with the things support likes you to check to confirm:

1 Like

Hello @gcifers,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear you’re having calibration trouble with your Glowforge.

@eflyguy is correct, I will want to have you check the cables on your Glowforge lid.

When I look at the logs for your unit it looks like there might be a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.
  4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.
  2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

If everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I can send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

If a new cable is needed, I will move our conversation over to email so that I can confirm some personal information.

Please let me know what you find.

All the best,

1 Like

Hi @gcifers, I see you’ve also emailed us about this issue and we’re working with you there, so I’m going to close this topic.