Problems my camera is not focusing and continuously scanning

We are a Joann 1912 store rental machine and we have had a problem after cleaning and using machine the camera will not focus and the software indicates it is scanning but this has been for several days. we have followed the cleaning schedule as recommended. With no change , also not sure if this could be a wifi issue.

Melissa
Team member
Joann store 1912

2 Likes

You could try connecting through your phone. If that works, it could be your wifi,

1 Like

Is the bed empty? Are there bright lights shining on it?

The camera can get confused if there’s a lot of light/shadow on the bed…
(A :glowforge: staff member will respond here ASAP, but in the meantime we’ll try to help!)

1 Like

Actually we had a glowforge wood material that we had already printed at another previous successful use of glowforge and this artwork had been used successfully as well.

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing, distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited. If you have received this material in error, please (1) do not read it, (2) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and (3) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you

If the material has holes in it, that could be the problem. Try an empty bed, or one with a full sheet in it.

Could be a bad cable. This seems similar to the issue I was having. I replaced the “lid cable” and it’s fine now.

FYI, you’re email replying to a public forum. I don’t think your lawyer-ese email means much.

Hello Anna,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into this trouble with your printer!

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

5. Please snap a photo of each of these connections and send them my way.

I’ll take a look at those photos and follow up with some next steps from there.

Kind regards,

Attachments

1 Like

Sorry we are still working with it

Missy

store 1912

No problem! We understand life happens! We’ll be here whenever works best for you, just let me know if you need anything else

Is it possible the dust from a print could cause with the connections? They seem dirty but not disconnected.
Missy

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing, distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited. If you have received this material in error, please (1) do not read it, (2) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and (3) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you

cleaned every part lighted but still no movement from arm or camera.
Missy

Hello @s1912 I’m Ray and I am stepping in for my colleague Mike. They wanted me to check in on you. I’ve carefully reviewed the history of your email ticket and have determined next best steps. We can go ahead and get the black lid cable replaced for you. I went ahead and send an email over to you detailing next steps for sending out this part for you. I will leave this forum thread open until I hear back from you on email. I look forward to your response and thank you for working with us on this issue!