Problems with Crashing Waves clock and Tic Tac Toe purchased pattern

Most of the designs I’ve purchased have given me no trouble when I’ve used them, but two aren’t working correctly.

First - the Crashing Waves clock. When I cut the two pieces out, one of them is significantly bigger than the other - as in, the wood piece is 6" x 13 1/4" and the acrylic piece is 8" x 17". I didn’t resize either of the designs in the interface - is there something else I’m doing wrong?

Second - the Tic Tac Toe set. I was able to cut the board and pieces out without trouble, but when I try to cut the veneer, no artwork loads in the interface. This is my first time opening this file, so I’m pretty sure I didn’t delete anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

On the clock, I think you might have reversed the material cuts. The overall clock is supposed to be 8 x 17 so the acrylic should be smaller since it is behind the wooden outer part.

2 Likes

You can always reset the purchased designs by going to the “…” icon and choosing Reset Design. You might want to give that a try in case any of your designs got messed up for any reason. Note that this only works for Glowforge catalog designs.

3 Likes

I think it got resized somehow - I do remember cutting them in the order and materials suggested, but the size difference was way too big to be intentional. It looks like resetting the design as suggested below did the trick! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I think that fixed it :smile:

2 Likes

Okay, I don’t know how it got resized on your wood file, but the two files for the clock might indeed be mislabeled. The Acrylic part measures as 8" x 17". The part labeled as wood only measures 7 5/8" x 16 5/8". So that could very well be a legit problem - I’d reverse them and cut the larger sized one out of wood.

I would suggest Resetting the wood design…it should come out in the larger size listed above. But then I would cut the wood one out of acrylic and vice versa.

Thank you for your help @cynd11.

@ tisha.busch, I’m g lad you could get this issue resolved! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.