Problems with the machine

So my machine is stuck centering mode and there is one specific spot that it seems to get stuck in. It will stay in that spot and then just vibrates when it tries to move. I can move the head manually but for some reason it won’t do it on its own. There is no debris and nothing is in the way. Perfect timing! I’m right in the middle of making gifts!

Just in case you don’t already know, don’t ever move the head with the machine on.

Here’s a list of troubleshooting steps to try and eliminate or at least isolate the problem: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, and they’ll be along to help soon. In the meantime, if you’ll provide details of each thing you’ve tried and what the result was, it will help to speed things up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry your Glowforge was taking a long time to finish centering. I extracted the most recent logs from your printer and saw that you have been able to print since posting. That’s great news!

Could you please let us know if you are still running into any trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.