Processing text

This seems to be an error whose time has passed.

I went through the tutorial “Make a Gift Tag from Scratch” because I wanted more practice on Inkscape. I followed the tutorial and when I up-loaded it I received this error on the GFUI.

We can’t process text (yet!). All text has been removed from your design. For now, convert your design’s text elements to paths and they will upload successfully. DISMISS

I clicked on the DISMISS button and the error message went away and when I printed the Gift Tag the text was processed (engraved).

I went through the upload process again because the GF acts just like my computers - it doesn’t do what I want it to do - It only does what I tell it to do. There were some items that were only supposed to be scored but the were cut.

Same error message and same result when I tapped the Print button.

So it looks like the error message is no longer needed…?

3 Likes

When I made some labels for display I forgot to convert the text to outlines and had no problems. It wasn’t until later I realized I missed that step. I didn’t bother when I made my escutcheon yesterday and the text engraved just fine.

2 Likes

I am curious about this error message. I convert all the text to paths and fill them. It works fine, but the error message still comes out. Like there might be something in the header still that the GFUI is picking up on to throw the error, even though there isn’t any normal text left.

2 Likes

Not sure about “Filling the paths.” The instructions only say click “Object to Path.”

1 Like

Yes. you don’t have to fill them since they already are filled. A couple times folks have converted text to paths but took the fill out and left a stroke and that complicated things. I guess I should complicate it. Perhaps “keep them filled with no stroke” would be better.

1 Like

Maybe something similar is happening here? The original text is converted but the text is not deleted so you have a pathed version of the text and a text version. The GFUI sees both, disregards the text and leaves you with the vector text.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about the error message regarding text. I’ve passed this along to the team and we’re looking it.

I want to make sure that you’re good to go before I close this thread. Are you still having any trouble with scores being cut?

I want to make sure that you’re good to go before I close this thread. Are you still having any trouble with scores being cut?

I’m not sure who this is directed to. I don’t see any mention of trouble with scores being cut in this thread.

1 Like

I’m sorry for any confusion. In your first post you mentioned “There were some items that were only supposed to be scored but the were cut”, I just wanted to make sure this wasn’t a problem with the laser power. :slight_smile:

One possibility is that you might have a random txt box in there some place from a random click of the text tool.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.