Production Unit IS in USE!

Hey that’s some good news! I think your the first on we have heard of in a while!

2 Likes

Woohooo! (Sort of!) Congrats on getting the email…sorry about the filter need. :grinning::no_mouth::confused:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity was yours a basic or pro as I only recall hearing about one individual announce receiving a letter for the pros which I truly thank them for sharing with the group but I’m sure I’m not the only one wanting to hear more good news from the pro front.

I ordered the basic with the filter way back when. I could dig and find out if you want. I had found glowforge before the crowdfunding campaign started and got an email announcement of it’s launch. I hemmed and hawed awhile before putting down my hard earned money. But I did it pretty early on.

It’s going in the basement and there’s very little space allotted for it. Also I’d rather not be moving it all around. I think it just be better for me to wait. We’ve some vacation in there and we are traveling. Just simpler all around I guess.

The questionnaire was very honest about the unit being production and that the software is still beta. Gave a fairly detailed outline of what will be working out of the box and what is still unfinished software wise. That all just kind of nudged me in the direction of waiting.

4 Likes

Definitely a bummer you couldn’t accept the unit now. Hopefully the filter production stays on track and you can get both soon. Thanks for sharing.

Probably better to wait as the warranty starts as you receive it…:+1:

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply but, like you I too found the Glowforge before the crowdfunding campaign and instead of hemming and hawing I started talking the unit up w/ my wife and got her to agree by the second day of the campaign then had to figure out why my order would not go through (credit card anti-fraud department, go figure) for 2 days just to get it to finally post on the 4th day for the Pro model so again pretty early on. Again thank you for answering and good luck in your endeavors.

1 Like

I was beginning to get nervous - again.

1 Like