Production unit shipment notification! Yee haw!

Exciting! I wonder if anyone who ordered a pro unit is getting email notifications as well? Or just Basic orders?

I ordered a pro unit the morning the original crowdfunding campaign started & no email from my side yet. I’ll keep everyone posted!

4 Likes

This made me practically jump out of my chair, even though I’m probably midway down the line. Exciting day for sure!

2 Likes

EU wont ship until all USA preorders ship, thats what we were told :’(

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s quite the wording used. I think it was overseas will be delayed but not that they will be the very last units shipped.

6 Likes

I’m EU (for now, less said the better).
Either way, I don’t much care. It’s coming and that’s all I need to know.

13 Likes

I need to work late to prep the area for the Glowforge just in case it shows up fast.

7 Likes

I got the email at 3:02 pm EST.

4 Likes

only thing i am noticing is that the emails are only going to out to people who post on the forum on a regular bases

1 Like

I ordered before the cut-off date and haven’t received an email confirming that my shipment is coming soon. I’ve been patiently awaiting a confirmation that my Glowforge Basic + Filter will arrive by July. While I’m happy to see that others are receiving their email confirmations, I’m concerned by lack of specificity regarding actual ship dates in these emails and also the fact that I haven’t received my email yet.

@dan Any reason that I should remain confident that I’ll receive my Glowforge and filter by July?

3 Likes

Remember, there are many that may have gotten emails that are never on the forum, so we would never know about their excitement.

6 Likes

To let you know, it was posted by @dan that the very first wave would go to those that had been very active and posting to the forums. They will have a Regular status by their name.

Right now it looks like those Regulars who ordered a Basic unit are get the email notices right now.

I ordered a Pro, so no email yet.

5 Likes

We’ve known for a month or two that the first few (150 or so) will go out to regular posters here.
This is partly an incentive and partly a good way to smooth things out like a late beta.

6 Likes

The prioritization of regulars is kind of orthogonal to the question I am asking. Those who are highest on the list (forum “regulars” who pre-ordered) have received emails indicating that their Glowforge will ship in approximately six weeks (end of July). What does that mean for those of us who preordered before the cut-off date and have been waiting patiently for a couple years?

I’ve also been a forum regular who reads almost every post, visiting multiple times a day. I just haven’t been a major contributor to the forums.

Am I likely to receive my Glowforge by the latest date that @dan communicated (end of July)? I’m surprised that these emails went out before @dan could publish an update on the production timeline for all pre-orders.

3 Likes

yeah i just don’t see that as being fair to people like myself that have a business i am running full time and no time to get on this forum and post on a regular bases

2 Likes

If life were fair I’d be good looking and lovable.

25 Likes

ummmm should a normal forum user really have that username? @dan

5 Likes

As it stands right now, the shipping by dates still apply (as it shows at the top of the page, if you have not prevented it from displaying):

Glowforge® Deliveries: Latest Schedule
Crowdfunding Campaign: We’re scheduled to ship all orders placed before Oct 25 2015 by July 31, 2017.
Post-Campaign: We are scheduled to ship all units ordered after the campaign by August 31, 2017.
Other details: For email updates, click “Announcements”, then the circle in the top-right, then “Watching First Posts”. You can find great information at our FAQ, by emailing support@glowforge.com, or reading here.

Prerelease units are shipping and we’re working like mad to make sure your Glowforge is absolutely wonderful and in your hands ASAP!

1 Like

Not necessarily. The “Regular” title isn’t applied automatically when you get the Regular badge. People have to go into their settings to apply it, and not everyone bothers to (or remembers to, or knows how, etc.)

2 Likes

To make it even more complicated, there may be people who were regulars when Dan made that commitment but are not now.
I think @rpegg hit the nail on the head.
It is a private company that can and will do whatever it wants.
While I am sure they will try to be as fair as possible, there is no way to tell what they think fair actually means.

15 Likes

Relax, the point is, the production, yes, the Production Units, are going out. More and more happy emails will be going out. I am sure of it.

12 Likes