Production units being delivered

But @isaacgelman said he purchased his on Sept 24th and he got his email… that’s only about a week ahead of me.

Yes Sept 24th was the first day. I ordered early on the third day but I estimate there are about 1000 orders before me and I don’t think they have sent 100 yet.

1 Like

Oh… ok… good to know

It’s good to be patient, but…

So I ordered a basic+filter on the first day. Disappointed with the delays, but not upset. Waiting patiently. Excited as the betas and PRUs made it to the field. Went to the Maker Faire in CA and was REALLY excited when shipping was announced. Got home and checked for “the email”. Nothing. Repeat check daily (hourly?). Nothing. Waiting a little less patiently. Finally, after re-reading the announcements, I see that I should have at least received a 7 June notice that talked about GF shipping. Since I didn’t get it, I figured I’d join the thousands of other folks who were probably asking about their status and sent email inquiry to GF support.

HALLELUJAH!

Somehow my account’s email wasn’t correct. Now fixed and I received “THE EMAIL”. (of course, now I’m wondering how long ago I should have inquired. I could have been burning stuff already!)

Excitement level restored. Now slipped into advance-level patience waiting for “THE BOX”.

25 Likes

Out of curiosity, what time did you order on 9/24?
When did you receive “THE EMAIL”?

ordered Sep 24, 2015 2:02 PM
I received “the email” today (21 Jun)

12 Likes

Congratulations! Patience is a virtue :innocent: it just sucks to have to use it :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Enjoy the unit when you get it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations!

I ordered it on October 24, 2015, so I’ve got some time left before I get The Email. Which should give me enough time to get my garage workshop cleaned up and build a new workbench for the :glowforge:.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Slab Hardcheese would approve.

2 Likes

Hooray! I can’t wait for you to get it!

3 Likes

I suspect since news of delivery is spreading that many users will begin to filter into the forum.

2 Likes

especially as they receive it, since the manual points you here a couple of times.

1 Like

@Jules what type of 3D printer did you get? I have an Ultimaker 3 and love it with the dual extruders and the option to use a dissolvable support structure in lieu of the 2nd color.

1 Like

I’ve got a couple of MakerGear M2 Duals. One Rev.D and a Rev.E. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m hoping to get one of those.

1 Like

I have been impressed with the Ultimaker 3 prints. Our group has a 2+ … And just upgrading.g it from a 2 to the 2+ was a definite improvement. I really like though the dual extruder with the 3.

Can’t wait to add the Glowforge to my tech room!!

2 Likes

Not sure how UPS does it exactly but I do know that I get notifications only for packages addressed to me and not to my roommate or dog. (Yes, sometimes people send treats directly to my dog)

5 Likes