Project/gift idea - Blooms strategy game

Christmas is coming up and this seemed like a great potential gift idea -

Blooms is a Go-like game played on a hexagon-shaped hex board. Read more about it and the rules here.

This is a new game and the designer is really excited about it, which has made me excited to try it out. I haven’t made a set myself yet, but I will be soon.

The game uses four different colors of pieces, so you could easily put together some colors of acrylic to get a bright set, or try and find the perfect combination of woods to get cool colors on the board.

You would want to include enough pieces of each color to cover a little more than half of the board.

If you make a set, show it off! :smiley:

16 Likes

This sounds really cool. I may have to make one just to placate the 10-year-old, who is deeply into games.

1 Like

You should check out the Paiko print-and-play I shared. It’s an AMAZING sort of chess-like game that 'forges up beautifully! See Paiko - Strategy Board Game Print-And-Play

And I’ll be sharing some Pai Sho designs soon Vagabond Pai Sho (try it at SkudPaiSho.com) is also incredible.

1 Like

I made a set!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.