Project Organizer - Mini-Whiteboards

So I am new to Glowforge but I own a creative company and have tried all the online organizational tools, which are great but I have to go to them to make them useful. So I have always had a whiteboard up in my office, but really hated the way I had to continually move stuff around as projects were completed. My wife was always…have you updated your whiteboard. So I created using Whiteboard - project boards from Home Depot. It is black on one side and a marker board on the other. Designed what I now call my Miniature Whiteboard Project Organizer. It allows me to stack my projects, in a list, as I get them done remove and erase them, then the other boards slide right down the groove I created for them to stand in. I added 4 slots for pens and created a second design that added a tiered display for projects. Now they sit right in front of me and I can reorganize. Grab one to take notes if I get a call from the client and instantly add it to my display so it is always in sight. After creating this I thought about how students could use it for assignments, etc. Got such good feedback from a Facebook group, I created an Etsy account so they could purchase the digital file. Hope you all like it.

86 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice practical use of the Glowforge.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community. I love what you made, here. I’m a very visual person, so this is very appealing. Had I a business such as yours I could really see using these. Being the retired person that I am now though, they wouldn’t get enough use. Keep showing us all your creations, please.

4 Likes

I love this! Please send me a link to your Etsy shop.

2 Likes

This is a great idea!

2 Likes

Here is a link to my Etsy Shop. Creative Designs and Products by RKLEDesigns on Etsy

5 Likes

Thanks.

Thank You! I figured if it worked for me, others would like it.

2 Likes

I like that. Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Reusable post it notes. Great concept.
Now to figure a way to hang them on the monitor edges.

2 Likes

Great idea! Nice design! Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Easy enough to make a channel that sits on top a screen. :grin:

2 Likes

Nice idea! I need the visual reminders for tasks/projects too.

1 Like

This is awesome, well executed!!

1 Like

I can see this as a To Do list as well. As a teacher this could come in handy. Can we cut whiteboard material with the Glowforge? Is it just the shower board you can get at Home Depot/Lowe’s or did you buy whiteboard material?

you can buy whiteboard sheets at HD/Lowes and cut/engrave them.

Welcome to the forum. That is a really cool idea. Love the design of it. Would be a good way to keep track of all sorts of things - how much of an item you have on hand or how many you need to make (for those who sell, me - I’m just a “for myself” kinda gal), kids chores for the day, etc.

1 Like

They call the. Project boards they are cut 2ftx4ft And it is a Whiteboard on one-side and black on the other it is 3/16 thick and the settings I used are.

8 Likes

Thank you! I’ll look for them the next time I go to HD.

2 Likes

Oh this is very cool! Well done, and welcome!

2 Likes