Proofgrade 1/4" Clear Acrylic: Bunny Cookie Cutter

All of a sudden I crave cookies… Nothing new there, but now…

4 Likes

Appears I am soooo late to the game. LOL This is all incredible work! Just a quick question. Is the cutting edge actually “sharp?” Or is it flat and just pushes the dough to the side? If it’s flat is there a way to add a small “blade” to it?

The blade is thin enough that it doesn’t make me want to have a bevel edge. It works fine as is for cookie dough. If it were bread or doughnuts, that is a bit different.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Are you making the bunny cookie cutter available?

No sorry. Files are posted and you can use as you want. Not too hard to make with the thick acrylic. Let me know if you need some assistance with settings and such.

I didn’t see the files anywhere. There are 2 pics in a thread but you can’t click on them.

Right click on the black and white image of the bunnies up top in the first post after all the photos. Then save as. It is an SVG.

3 Likes

Really nice. So sharp and clean

Thanks! I was able to save the file. I guess I’m more interested in the settings you used to make the edge of the cutter sharper. I’m not really understanding the details above.

Just cut it as normal to go all the way through. Do a deep engrave with two passes for the base. The engraved pocket will allow you to glue the blade in with a small edge to hold it better.

1 Like

I love this!! Anyone have any tips on how to create a luggage cookie cutter? I saw this on the internet and would love to recreate :heart:

1 Like

Follow the same process as the original post. Get your shape, cut an “outline” piece for the cutter portion and then glue it to a full piece at the top.

If you want to full pattern follow what this comment describes, for the pattern (engrave away the stuff you don’t want indented) and then the types of dough and cooling before baking.

7 Likes

Thank you! I’ll try and post the result :heart:

2 Likes