Proofgrade barcode placement

So, I have found the on the 12" x 20" proof grade materials, the placement of the barcode causes it to not be read, so the GF doesn’t auto-set everything. Is this a common issue, or is my camera just weird?
If it’s common, maybe the barcode could be moved to a more central location so it’s easier for the camera to read?

I’ve had the same problem. The underlighting on the lid reflects off the barcode making it unreadable.

Yes.

At some point it will be completely removed from human sight.

Yeah, it happens sometimes.

You can click “Unknown Material” or “Select Material” (can’t recall the button label), select which material you have on the bed, and continue on your way. It’s a couple extra clicks, but the GF doesn’t need to read the QR code to function properly.

I put the pg piece in my color laser printer and copied it. Cut it out and put next to the wood I want to cut with a magnet. Reads great. Then store on metal filing cabinet for the next use.

@shawnmcbee do you know a date and time when your Glowforge didn’t read the Proofgrade label well? I’d like to investigate further.

@Rita,

I do not. BUT I will be using a brand-new piece of Proofgrade this evening and I will report the time to you, as I expect it still won’t read.

@Rita: Last night (3/5/18) at 7:01 pm, I put in a sheet of Thick Clear Acrylic that was not detected.
About 45 Minutes later, I put in a sheet of Medium Black Acrylic that WAS detected. But that same sheet, placed the same way a few minutes later was then not detected.

Hope that helps you.

That helps – will look into it!

I just realized I haven’t asked if your camera is clean. Would you please use a Zeiss wipe to clean the camera on the lid of your Glowforge and let us know if that helps? Pictures are in Step 8 here.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.