Proofgrade medium Acrylic not cutting through

Hi,
I have tried using all the proof grade settings for cutting Proof grade medium acrylic and it will not cut all the way through! I have cleaned the lens made sure the bed is clean and the material is not warped. I have tried it on 3 pieces of material and still getting the same result. any ideas? And yes it was proof grade medium clear acrylic material!

dave

Give the support folks times and dates you tried to cut so they can look at the logs.

A picture of the back side of a cut might help to see how much if any penetration you’re getting on the cut

2 Likes

T
he backside shows no sign of cutting through. And it was the last thing I tried to cut over the weekend…

I’m so sorry for the trouble. Thank you for taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting. Can I have you check a few more things as well? If you see a step you’ve already done, feel free to skip it.

To cut successfully, there are three important things to check. First, your material must lie flat. This requires a clean, properly installed crumb tray and flat materials. Second, there must be no obstructions, dirt, or damage preventing the laser light from reaching your material. Third, your design must be set up properly - for example, with lines that are fully on the material and that are set to cut. It’s hard to know which issue might be affecting your print, so please thoroughly inspect your unit and design according to the suggestions in our Troubleshooter, which you can read here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/cut-didnt-go-through-material.

After inspecting and cleaning, could you please try one more test print for us? We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade Draftboard and let us know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let us know the date and time of your print and reply with photos of the front and back of the print. If you’d rather not post those here, you can send the photos to us at support@glowforge.com.

Thank you in advance!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.