ProofGrade Projects and Pre-Release: Glow-:glowforge: Earrings and luggage tags

My sisterinlaw suggested some type of scarf pin, however that would be used. Is that like grandma’s cameo brooch? Well once we get the 3D in the wild, the cameo will be that thing hip again.

And here is the swarf from a few of the earrings. They are more close to the lines of the logo. I was seeing the :glowforge: as the negative space.

And oriented correctly.

22 Likes

Wow! I understand what you were doing now. It just came to me.

1 Like

Go look at the ruler pic. It’s the same there but tighter. I can inset slightly and make it exact. I am vectoring through so I have to do the kerf thing. (takes glass of favorite beverage required whenever need raises its ugly head. On the ruler it is vector engraved so you can just stick the bitmap in and it’s exact. I vectored the logo a long while back for the Glow Ray. The :glowforge: in the ruler from Glowforge is a deep engraving that almost goes through, but not quite. So you get a real contrast with the walnut. It’s is a good design.

Addendum: note grain direction change between charm and earings. Stronger for that hole

6 Likes

The swarf alone is amazingly cool, and amazing that the wood holds together that thin on the little one. Really speaks to the power of a laser cutter.

3 Likes

Relating to the ruler, it was not possible to tell from the video if the ruler was “exactly” the same spacing over the 6" distance when compared to your carpenter’s rule? It did not appear to be which could be either parallax or the cut was in fact not exact over the full length.

1 Like

I am reflecting on your inverted teardrop shape. I went with more curves and a point. I messed around with that for a while. Not sure if I like my point.

If you don’t mind me make it simple and following along the straights to a point, I’ll make a few that way.

I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

1 Like

Getting excited about the Proofgrade materials now, too! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I noticed and it made me happy. That’s how I manage dates in my head: logically.

What sense is there in Month, Day, Year? None At All.

Either go Day, Month, Year, or use logic and go Year, Month, Day.

Aside from being a logical person, why did you do it?

7 Likes

It’s no more logical to use either of those over the other.

As for why we get weird and do month day year, well, tradition is hard to defeat…

2 Likes

I totally agree! I’d like to be more verbose in my agreement, but I think it might lead to topic derailment. If I spot a new splinter topic about our silly (yet established) tradition, I’ll definitely join in…

(attempting to nip this in the bud instead of contributing)