Propagation Station or Bud Vase

These are a few projects I have been working on … using two thicknesses of Acrylic and these flat-bottomed glass test tubes I found on Amazon to make vases for rooting cuttings, or a bud vase that’s great for a window sill or small desk.

46 Likes

Very nice! I have a lot of trouble with the glue not ruining it.

7 Likes

Your project certainly dresses up those test tubes. A nice reminder that spring may actually be coming.

10 Likes

The clear stand with the red bottom is my favorite, but each of them offers a neat look.

7 Likes

These are beautiful! Would be a great catalog submission.

Pretty kitty!

7 Likes

Very nice, the fluorescent green acrylic is a favorite. You’ve been gone a while…

5 Likes

Welcome back! Those are really nice. I especially like the clear and red ones.

3 Likes

Lovely! I like the scored detail in that vase.

I like to use a cat for scale in my photos as well. Because I have no choice. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I purchased this set of needle-nosed syringes for this purpose. makes a HUGE difference

3 Likes

I did not know that was a ‘thing’, thanks for the link. Very nice of your cat to help model the vase–great design.

2 Likes

Great design! The photo with the kitty makes me very uneasy - our cats are plant eaters and tiger lilies are extremely poisonous to cats!! Please be careful, even pollen can make them sick.

how do I submit things to the catalog?

I make sure all my indoor plants are safe for the kitties

I haven’t submitted any designs. I’m thinking that premium members were able to submit. Not sure if that’s still the case. You could always shoot an email to Glowforge and ask.

I have sorted out how to become a catalog designer … now I just have to get through all the prep and steps to getting my design ready for submission!

3 Likes

Great! Good luck with the journey!

This is definitely the hard part!