Pull-out guide

I mentioned this historically, but @dan - If it were possible in the development of the UI, it would be great to have pull-out guides - particularly one that would be parallel to the gantry so it would be easier to square our work with it. Just an idea for future consideration.

I have been enjoying the recent updates, especially the speed improvements. That has shaved 20 minutes off a two-hour job. Please pass my appreciation on to the team. Well Done :+1:

8 Likes

I may be alone in lacking comprehension, but what is a “pull-out guide”?

I use Inkscape, but if you click on either ruler and drag, you get a line you can drop that is parallel to the respective ruler.

2 Likes

!!!

3 Likes

Same in Illustrator and Photoshop

2 Likes

I zoom and scroll the window so that my pieces are close to/aligned with the UI rulers, but this would be useful.

1 Like

I wish they had the same panning around mechanics as inkscape, i find im always holding shift and spinning that mouse wheel to no avail hehe.

3 Likes

Amen to that!

1 Like

Pull-out guides, oh yes, please!

1 Like

I often will just move another window on top to square against…

1 Like

@PrintToLaser

Thanks so much for the feedback. I’ll be passing this along to our team.

I’m also stoked to hear that you’re enjoying the latest updates! I’ll also pass your words of encouragement to the rest of the team. They’ll love to hear it.

I’ll be closing this ticket out, but if you need any additional assistance please open a new thread.

1 Like