Purple Button when I turn my machine on

Hello all!!

I was using my machine on Saturday night and everything was fine. I finished a project and was starting a new one cut when my machine wouldn’t go. I didn’t pay much attention to it because it was late but I did notice my button was a solid teal color.

I turned my machine off for the night and the next day I resume. I turned my machine back on and the button lights up purple for about 2-3 seconds and then goes away. The laser head never moves around and the machine sounds significantly quieter. In my glowforge site, it shows the lid is open.

I’ve been trying to get ahold of someone since Sunday (I am aware that the support team is not available on the weekend) But I was hoping to hear back from someone today and I haven’t. I have had to refund multiple orders and I have a big craft show coming up the first weekend of March so I am hoping that this is an easy and simple fix and I will not need to send my machine in.

This also would be my fourth machine in a little over a year if I have to get it replaced which is really discouraging to have a machine break so much. My warranty is also up now so I’m also worried about this being a big fix and I’ll have to just purchase a new machine, because I’m unsure if I would again if I’m paying full price.

Has anyone had this issue before and was there an easy way to fix the issue?

The only time I ever saw a purple button, it was because my machine was dead and not fixable. My best guess is either the power supply or control board went kaput. The whole Glowforge was replaced. I don’t think you should plan on this being a quick fix. On the upside, you won’t have to pay full price for a new machine to get back up and running. The worst case scenario is that you pay for a repair, or they offer you a refurbished machine at the cost of a repair; in either case there is no repair that costs as much as even a new Glowforge Basic.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.