QOTD from Glowforge: Will you accept our 24 Hour Glowforge Challenge?

Greetings Marlo! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Top 5:

• Clocks (I love clockwork)
  • Robots (little ones, most of which will roam around on my desk at work and big ones now that Iā€™ve seen some of the cool things that delrin can do)
  • Prosthetics
  • Kinetic Sculture
  • Cosplay Props
5 Likes

Theyā€™ve moved into a new office space on the first floorā€¦didnt use an elevator while I was thereā€¦:grinning:

7 Likes

Did they ever actually move? They were originally on a first floor, and the elevator incident was them looking at new office spaces for a move. But I never did hear if the company actually relocatedā€¦

Not sure the timeline, but if you google the Company, it points to a different address which is more storageā€¦I assumed that it was the first locationā€¦ IDK I just know I wasnā€™t getting into no elevatorā€¦lol

4 Likes

My list is not top projects; its todayā€™s projects. Sloppy and copied straight out of my notes.

Laser 24 hours

• Burned my finger on toaster oven, so a hook for that
  • My daughter was a special guest at local high-end theater and we got a backstage tour. I am certain their prop shop and their costume shop each need a GlowForge.
  • My husband brought home server hard drive blanks with dividers built in that he wants to use as drawers for organizing screws, cables, and components. They need a cabinet and possibly lids.
  • Boy started kindergarten- first homework is a paper doll of himself. Hello GlowForge. They always have fabric shirts, pants, hair, etc. We could make it so cool.
  • Sisters and I donate a tree each year to the Festival of Trees benefiting local childrenā€™s hospital. We were hoping for the GlowForge early enough to make some of the decor this year. We ramp up preparations when school startsā€¦ So today.
  • Motivational signs- engraved rather than vinyl. Custom to my goals and family values.
  • Lego organizer
  • Husband wants shelving in his server rack for his lab components.
  • Labeling all his cables, cords, connectors, portsā€¦
  • Box: Our snap circuit extreme kit came in a flimsy cardboard box. Just got it- we have played with it once and clearly the box will not withstand enough sessions to get through 300 experiments and demos.
  • Raspberry pi case.
  • Planning a big cancer awareness fundraiser walk. Signage, favors, and making items for the silent auction- leaps to mind.
  • @smcgathyfay already does body paint stencilsā€¦ Something I expected to do for this event before I ever joined the forums. Not at Stephanieā€™s level, obviously.
  • Today I am putting grout into freshly laid tiles. I donā€™t know what I might have engraved; but that I could might have made me add some elements.
10 Likes

A hook for the burnt finger?

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

9 Likes

its terrifying that, that^^ is even a thing.
ughā€¦

4 Likes

I think thats more for dislocated fingers maybe? IDKā€¦looks a bit painfull with that weight on thereā€¦:scream: Where do you find this stuff @jacobturnerā€¦students must be scared of youā€¦lmao :wink:

4 Likes

Yes. That, exactly.

I was thinking something more like thisā€¦
http://community.glowforge.com/t/ridiculously-fancy-grill-rack-hook/2607?u=cmreeder

Clearly I must take more care of how I abuse my pronouns.

4 Likes

I was looking for the bus jumping up and down.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So apparently they DID moveā€¦

2 Likes

Ah. Good to know

We are in the process of setting up a mid-century house in Palm Springs to AirBNB and Iā€™ve had lots of ideas of things to make for it. These will come off of the CNC, but I know itā€™s go a lot faster with the Glowforge!

Custom cut art/wall pieces
Coasters
Cutting boards
Cover for the house manual
Shot glass holder/caddy
Custom signage
Clocks

I know there will be loads more, and I canā€™t wait to have some free time so I can get started!

4 Likes

Besides the gigantic remote control plane we make from scratch every year and a bunch of acrylic boxes, circles and various other shapes. Iā€™ve noticed a lot of things (too many to count). hereā€™s a really small collection, Iā€™ll add more when I compile all my different lists.

12 Likes

The biggest reason for getting the Glowforge at work:

sorry, no matter which way I rotate this picture and save it, it always ends up sideways here.

19 Likes

It also looks to be a bit of an optical illusion for a bit. I though it was resting on the floor and was trying to figure out how the steps fit into that. Once I figured out it was hanging, things snapped into place for me. The thing on the left kinda looks like a desk of some sort which also threw me for a little bit.

3 Likes