Question about where the laser cuts the lines

I haven’t had the need to worry much about where and how the lines are cut till now. I’ve been getting better with my GF. I was wondering where the laser will cut when I’m doing a specific measured cut. If I’m cutting a rectangle ( or any inlay shape) and my line is set to .015in where does the laser cut (inside of the line, center of the line or will it cut on the out side of the line.) Also does it matter how thick the line is , in ink scape. My cut needs to be exact because there is a inlay & I don’t want it to be moving around. Thnx in advance for a any bodies help.

In Inkscape under “view” there’s an option for Display Mode and then Outline - this shows you what is actually being sent to the laser for the vector lines.

Thickness does not matter, and it’s going to be centered - but keep in mind that the laser line itself is somewhere in the range of .005-.008 so you need to take that into account. Do a search on here for kerf and the usefulness of flipping your inlays to get a better match.

1 Like

Thank you deirdbeth that was great help thnxs. from what I just saw it looks like that it is cutting on the center of line. You just made my day. Thnx

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @deirdrebeth that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!