Quick-connect exhaust port adaptor

As recommended, I disconnect the exhaust hose from the Glowforge when not in use to keep bugs, critters, etc. from gaining access to the interior. I got tired of trying to get the hose on and off, so I designed and 3D printed an adapter that uses a taper fit to simply press on to the exhaust port. The other end accepts the stock exhaust hose and spring clamp. has never popped off once, but is easy to remove by hand. I have included the .STL file if anyone has a printer and wants to make one.

Matt

Adaptor 2, Exhaust.STL.zip (6.0 MB)

26 Likes

Very kind of you to share. I use a draft gate just inside the window. Still, this would be easier to take on and off when cleaning the back of the machine’s exhaust.

6 Likes

Yes, I printed a window port adapter as well, but didn’t want to restrict airflow with a gate. I am sure both work fine though.

6 Likes

Very nice share…been thinking about a 3d printer…my husband would kill me :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Great idea Matt, thanks for sharing your file!

2 Likes

If you don’t have a 3D printer, I highly recommend these:

4 Likes

Thank you. I think I’ll make one of these. I don’t disconnect mine regularly (I guess I’m lucky the flaps on the outside vent keeping out critters), but when I do take it off for cleaning, it’s a major production to wrangle that clamp.

5 Likes

Nice share! Thanks!

1 Like

Wow, thank you! Another incentive to get a filament printer with a decent-sized bed. I’ll do it one of these days…

1 Like

Thanks again for this. I think my old machine has a slightly shorter exhaust nub, but it fits perfectly.

6 Likes

You are most welcome. Glad it worked out.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.