Rack for my leather punches

Not much to say about it, really…press-fit, features the new blue PG color. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: File has been posted over in the free files section: Leather Carving Tool Rack

33 Likes

Fantastic job.

I was just looking a my punches all in a bucket thinking I should do something for them. Thanks for the inspiration.

2 Likes

It’s my new favorite!

3 Likes

Nice—I like that sleek design! And thanks for introducing me to the new color—didn’t know about it.

4 Likes

Pretty and practical.

4 Likes

Gorgeous! First time I’ve heard about that new color, too. Dang…and I just recently made not one but two orders for materials.

3 Likes

I’ll be posting the file in a bit. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for that. We just received our Glowforge and this is the first file I downloaded. Lots to learn and play. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So nice. I have the making the boxes and trays I wan’t/need down but one of you need to give me a lesson, or two or three on subtle beauty.

2 Likes

I’m trying to teach myself that, actually. :slight_smile: My initial designs tend to be very utilitarian. Once I get them laid out and everything fits, etc., I’ve started asking myself, “what could I change to make this more visually interesting?” Frequently just curving a line here or there is all it takes. This one needed something in the blank space on the ends, and hearts are easy, so I threw those in. But you could also engrave your logo there, or cut a more manly shape like a series of thin horizontal rectangles, or something. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are you saying men are heartless?

The gentle curves are great, and I agree that the new blue looks classy!

3 Likes

Nice Rack! Hmm, sounds bad, let’s try this again, great design!

4 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I’ve just started working with leather some and hope to fill this up soon.

2 Likes

Looks great!

I sketched a small paper/letter organizer for my grandson a couple of days ago. Now I’m thinking I must go with acrylic.

3 Likes

If I use them here, would they be called…

Oddly, this isn’t a thing here, despite their website saying they are still around.

2 Likes