Leather Carving Tool Rack

Designed for 1/8" acrylic (pictured in PG medium clear and neon blue)

Kerfed for friction fit – you have to insert the fingers into the ends on the side that was on top when cutting, or they probably won’t fit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PDF version: Leather Punch Rack.pdf (19.0 KB)

SVG version (right-click and “save as” to download):
Leather Punch Rack

This file is provided under the terms outlined for this section of the forum: Non-commercial, personal use only, etc. etc… :slight_smile:

50 Likes

Thanks for the share. I don’t have leather carving tools, but I sure have other things to stick in the holes. I must get some of this blue acrylic.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I really admired the design when you posted it in MOAG. Now I wish GF made bottle green acrylic in 1/8”.

Ohmygosh, I just checked and they do! When did that happen?

5 Likes

I was surprised, too. I love the thick green edge acrylic and now I will also love the 1/8" since I ordered some without noticing that it was different than what I had ordered in the past. Serendipity.

3 Likes

Thanks, great little design. Elegant and simple.

1 Like

Omigosh! That’s very cool! I’m going to have to get some of that, too…in addition to that gorgeous blue.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your cool design!

1 Like

Very sharp! Now I just have to decide how much slack I’ll take about the hearts on the side if I make one to hold my precision screwdrivers. (j/k)

Really nice design aesthetic. That blue really makes it pop.

1 Like

Love the color of course; and the design could be used for so many things! Thanks for sharing.

Bottle green? I have to check that out too, although this blue will always be my favorite, unless they come out with translucent teal.

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

thank you so much I have made so many of ones similar to this but they never worked out. I need it for my metal stamps.

1 Like

OMG! :hugs: Thank you sooooo much! I’ve been wanting a tool rack for so long and figured I’d have to make my own. I’m a GF Noob so it would be years before I learned enough to figure it out! Woo Hoo! You made my day! :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Because I’m new and I know people will think “man she’s dumb” I am going to ask anyway. If I was to change the heart on the end what would you suggest the correct route would be? I am a greenhorn and learning as I go. I LOVE your design and fits my leather tools perfectly. My hat is off to all of you creative people. Thanks!

1 Like

You can open the file in Inkscape or whatever you are using for your designs, and delete the hearts by deleting the appropriate nodes. You can then leave the ends blank or insert a different shape.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I need another rack for my leather tools. Your design looks great in acrylic.

1 Like

I opened an account in Inkscape and cant figure out how to open it up. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you right click the SVG file or the PDF. The SVG should open in Inkscape.

1 Like

I will try that, thanks so much!