Random dots in design that shouldn't be there

I’ve created an SVG file using Inkscape (which is a new software to me) and the image looks clean, but when I upload it to Glowforge, there are small dots in the image that should not be there. I cannot figure out how to fix it! Any advice?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

How did you create this image in Inkscape. Tiny dots are often the background of photos/images that have not had their background removed.

2 Likes

The presents were free SVG files from online that I edited. The present one on the right had hearts that I erased and the one on the left had dots that were irregular shapes that I erased and made new dots.

1 Like

In Inkscape, choose outline view and see if you can identify additional nodes that need to be deleted/erased.

3 Likes

That worked! Thank you so much! While I have you, can I ask one more question? On the middle present, it was a solid and I added white lines that look outlined when uploaded to Glowforge. Do you have any suggestion on how to make it just cut out without the outline?

1 Like

If you put one image on top of another in inkscape, it will look correct from a graphic design perspective. But, that’s not what the laser sees. Depending on what you are trying to achieve for design, you need to use the path commands - union, difference, intersection, exclusion, division, etc. with the two images.

1 Like

Thank you for that! I had to fiddle around with it but figured it out with the path commands. I had originally used “combine” which I guess didn’t work the way Glowforge wanted it to.

I appreciate the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.