Re connecting Glowforge to new wifi?

I bout an ew wifi box and now I can’t connect Glowforge. I put an extender to try and boost the signal and I can pick uptime Glowforge wifi. I follow the directions and then it still won’t connect. Shows to be Offline>>> How do I fix that?
Thanks

How far into the setup do you get with the new wifi? Is the new wifi 2.4ghz as that is necessary for connection (not 5 g). Here are the official Glowforge troubleshooting tips in case you missed any of these: Glowforge is "Offline" – Glowforge

I followed the instructions all the way through. I got to the part where your computer finds the glow forge Wi_Fi. Then it says to click on your Wi_Fi. After I do that. And go back to check if it is on or off line. It is still offline. I feel I am missing a step ?/

Try refreshing the GFUI/browser…

How do I do that?

1 Like

If that is when you open the lid and get the button to turn Blue? I did that as well??

You can refresh the browser by holding down the FN key and pressing F5 or if you are using Chrome the arrow circle icon next to the home icon on the top left

After you select your home wifi, do you get the message that the setup is complete and the button stops glowing aqua? Only after that step should you be able to use the Glowforge.

You can also try using your phone as the hotspot rather than your home wifi.

Have you seen this video? Connecting to WiFi - #2 by Jules

Thank you for the video. I had to try several times before the Password request would come up. Finally did and now I am up and running

1 Like

Hello @wendyinlow, I’m glad to see you were able to get your Glowforge connected. That is great news!

Since you unit is now connected, I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!