Re-set up of connecting to internet after a move

Just made a move across country. I have a new wifi router. The glowforge does not recognize my new internet. Can you help me with this?

S. Winter

Did you go through setup starting with holding down the print button until it turned teal? Is your new router 2.4ghz - not 5 G?

3 Likes

@cwinter888 I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge is not connecting to your wifi. Here are some steps to setup your new wifi.

1. On your computer, close any open tabs in your web browser and exit the browser completely

2. Turn your Glowforge off, and wait about 30 seconds

3. Turn your Glowforge back on (do not touch the button on top of your Glowforge for this step - only the switch on the back)

4. Wait about 30 seconds

5. Open your web browser, and navigate to setup.glowforge.com

6. You may see the following page. If so, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Continue”

1. Before moving to step 8, make sure you are on this page:

​​

1. Press and hold the button on top of your Glowforge for about ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color. Then release the button.

2. In your web browser, click “Continue” to go to the next page in the setup process.

3. You should see this page next:

1. When you see this page, connect to the Wi-Fi network “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi settings).

2. It may take several seconds, sometimes up to a minute, before your browser recognizes the change and loads the next page automatically. If you connect to the “Glowforge XXX-XXX” network on any page other than Glowforge - the 3D laser printer, the next page may not load and setup may not be successful.

3. When you see the following page, stay connected to “Glowforge XXX-XXX”, and choose the Wi-Fi network you want to use from the list that appears in your browser screen:

​​

1. When you select your preferred network, you’ll be prompted to enter your password. This will disconnect you automatically from the “Glowforge XXX-XXX” network, and your Glowforge will then be associated with the Wi-Fi network of your choice. You’ll only need to go back through these steps if you want to change Wi-Fi networks, or if your network name or password changes.

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

It is 2.4 ghz… it is not the 5-g

I have gone through the steps with the print button turning teal. I just thought I must have forgotten a step.

My router has both 5g and 2.4ghz. I only select the 2.4. Is this a problem?

s. winter

I have no luck so far. The router is a brand new AC1750 Netgear. Model R6400. I would assume the new models will work or do they?

My set up goes to the #11 on your instructions but it never gives me the barstrength icon or the glowforge #meta

I like to refer people to this video in case they have missed a step:

3 Likes

I’m sorry for the ongoing trouble while trying to get your unit set up after moving. I think a good next step here might be for one of our colleagues to reach out to you via phone and work on some troubleshooting together in real-time. I’m going to close this thread, and I’ll be in touch with you via email shortly to sort out the details.