Re-setting up glowforge on new wifi and location

I recently relocated to another state so I packed up my glowforge properly secured with the orange pieces but when I unboxed it again im having trouble getting the printer to link with the computer, it says its connected at the glowforge wifi point on the computer but the screen never changes to th epage for me to connect back with my home wifi. Can anyone help? O has anyone experienced this?

Is it the same network name you were using before?

If so, just proceed to app.glowforge.com.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer, @jbmanning5. That’s correct - typically, once you’ve connected your Glowforge to your Wi-Fi network and started printing, you don’t need to go through the Wi-Fi setup steps again unless your network name or password changes, or you want to connect to a different network.

However, I looked into the logs from this Glowforge to investigate, and the unit hasn’t come online recently.

If you are going through Wi-Fi setup multiple times because you ran into trouble, here are some suggestions that may help:

• Close and reopen your web browser between each attempt
  • Reboot your Glowforge between each attempt
  • Start fresh from setup.glowforge.com every time. It’s important to follow the steps in order so that your computer’s connection to the Glowforge is properly recognized

Could you please share a screenshot of what you see in your browser when you run into this problem? Please include as much of the browser window as possible, including the address bar.

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

If you’d rather not share the screenshot on this thread, you can email it to us at support@glowforge.com, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.