Real World Example of image placement results

Ditto. Marion, do not wear yourself out trying to answer thousands of year old pent up questions. Just have fun.

7 Likes

Did this ever happen? what were the results?

2 Likes

Not yet. Got the setup here. Mounted an old iPhone case on the cart and downloaded an accelerometer app. Not sure how useful that would be, but now I have a GoPro that I can use to record more clearly and we can match up things better. Did a test logging but then got busy with the rest of the designs. I also need someone to assist in moving the Glowforge to the fixed desk.

It’s been a challenge to keep my iPhone charged.

3 Likes

I think I’ve read the majority of your posts and comments so far but haven’t seen it mentioned if once you place artwork in the interface, do they have the nudging with keyboard available yet? I know that was talked about a long while ago, but being able to precisely nudge the art a mm at a time with the arrow keys will be pretty critical for my intended use. Any insight into that?

2 Likes

The latest I recall is this from @dan on October 6 saying that it’s “in the hopper”.

Keyboard nudging is in! Just use the arrow keys.

28 Likes

That’s great! Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Outstanding! Nice work team! :+1:

2 Likes

You have no idea how happy this makes me! And if my memory serve me right, it’ll be pretty accurate because you can keep zooming in further to nudge it finer amounts!

Now…nudging to rotate (while holding CTRL or something)?! :blush:

8 Likes

we can never be satisfied :wink:

5 Likes

Hahaha!
And cake to you Sir!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve waited a year for this :wink:

3 Likes

Next step is to add a tilt alarm when you nudge too much (all you under 30, you have no idea what that means)

21 Likes

A good portion of the firmware team are pinball fanatics so I wouldn’t be surprised if that makes it in somehow :wink:

20 Likes

lol, one of my long-term goals is to build my own pinball machine from scratch (or two, or three… or…) :smile: Thinking the Glowforge will be handy in that project.

4 Likes

A real 3D printer would make more of it, see https://all3dp.com/3d-printed-pinball-machine/

2 Likes

true, but I’m taking it one step at a time. :smile: cool link! I think I will bookmark that for future reference.

I was about to be offended and say young people like pinball too… then I remembered I’m 30 now. :expressionless:

9 Likes

That is excellent news. It’s a small thing, but usability-wise it will make a very big difference to a lot of people.

3 Likes

If you need inspiration, just look at the fellas that did the PinBox 3000 Kickstarter. I’m pretty sure that there’s going to be plenty of Glowforge owners with piles of cardboard laying around. :slight_smile:

6 Likes