Realistic Laser cut flowers

In the first couple weeks I had my Glowforge I posted about flowers I made from painted laser-cut birch plywood [link]

I wanted to follow up on that post as my crazy flower ideas have, well… blossomed. I have really enjoyed my flower projects. Creating colorful, rigid flowers in CAD that egg-crate together to form something organic and flowing feels a lot like re-engineering to replicate nature. And it is a fun challenge.

My latest (and most complex to date) is a Protea. Also since my first post I have also done a passionfruit flower, bird of paradise, and an unpainted tiger lilly. Hope everyone enjoys!

This is the 2nd generation Protea design

Comparison of 1st to 2nd generation, notice the more rounded shape

All the cut pieces

The inspiration for this flower

My passionflowers, a Christmaas gift

bird of paradise

Tiger Lilly, need to do some of these painted, This was the 2nd generation also

113 Likes

Those are very nice!

4 Likes

WOW. Brilliant work!

2 Likes

Those are amazing! Putting the Protea together must have been a challenge!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing these amazing creations. I especially like the Protea.

3 Likes

Fantastic! That is some very nice work there! It is a great application for the glowforge! These should be in the catalog!

8 Likes

It’s fun seeing your iterations and forward progress, great stuff!

5 Likes

Those are beautiful!

2 Likes

Beautiful Work! I could not think of a more challenging flower than a Protea! Well done!

3 Likes

What a cool idea.

1 Like

Ohmygosh, your flowers are simply amazing! I think the protea is my favorite.

4 Likes

These are fantastic!

I agree. You should submit these to the catalog. They are flat out gorgeous. They look like living flowers.

4 Likes

Those are fantastic! What a great, unique product! If only I had that kind of ability. I’m jealous!

3 Likes

So creative and well executed! They really are impressive and lovely - great job!

2 Likes

You’re doing some really incredible work!

2 Likes

Amazing!!!

2 Likes

Wow that is amazing.

1 Like

oh my goodness, I’m so impressed!

4 Likes

Holy crap! Those are amazing! So inspirational!

1 Like