Recalibration

Does anyone know why, every single time I decide to cancel a print before hitting the glowing white button (e.g. not sure if I changed that cut to a score…), the unit has to recalibrate for what seems like forever.

I mean, the unit didn’t do anything…why does a cancel trigger recalibration? Or is it just me?

Fixing this one little thing would make me so much happier :slight_smile:

edz

2 Likes

I stopped hitting cancel for this very reason. Lift the lid instead, no recalibration!

9 Likes

Good to know and reassures me that the cancel recalibration is really a bug that should be easily fixable…

3 Likes

I noticed when I cancel during ‘scanning’ it takes so long to come back, but if I wait till it says ‘Preparing’ it doesn’t.

3 Likes

That’s my experience too. Cancelling during scanning takes so long I kill the browser & restart the GF if I forget and do that. I’ve even had it hang up a bit if I do it when it’s preparing. I try to wait until it’s ready to print and the button is glowing white. Then it’s pretty quick and doesn’t hang.

Whenever it decides to do a recalibration and it’s taking a long time I kill the GF and restart it with the head under the camera. But that was with my old one and it was suffering some hardware issue that was causing it to calibrate inconsistently and was predicted to ultimately not be able to. I haven’t done enough with the replacement to see how it handles calibration.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the tips. Can someone from GF (@dan ? sorry, don’t know any other names of GF personnel) chime in with either a reason this happens or if it will be fixed anytime soon? As a sometimes developer, based on the characteristics (i.e. opening the lid doesn’t cause the problem, but hitting cancel at the wrong time does), it doesn’t sound like it should be too hard to fix. Maybe no one at GF ever cancels a job? :slight_smile:

edz

1 Like

It’s definitely not that. :smile:

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll make sure the team looks into it.

I’m going to close this thread - if you’d have any other questions, feel free to post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!