Receiving a measuring error on an item that is 1.8”

I have my crumb tray out and my item measured 1.8 with my Digital calipers

Did unknown material and input speed focus and lpi and Manual focus of 1.8
When I send it to glowforge it comes back with the measuring error and will not engrave

Any thoughts

Welcome to the forum.
You cannot enter the height as 1.8". The Glowforge focus range is 0.001 - .5". Simply allow auto focus and use the set focus tool to align your artwork.

8 Likes

This might help you out:

As long as the part of your item that you want to engrave falls into the :heavy_check_mark: zone, you should have no problem :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am happy to help! You can print on objects up to 2" thick by removing the crumb tray. However, your Glowforge can’t focus too far down, so you may need to put something laser-compatible underneath your material to lift it up. Raise it until the top surface of your material is between 1.5" and 2" (50 mm) high, measured from the metal plate on the bottom.

Our community has developed some great Tips and Tricks, and this illustrated guide might be just what you need.

Let us know if you are still having trouble after reading the information above!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.