Recognize non proof materials

How do you get your glowforge to recognize non proof material? I have hit the button that says “unknown material” when getting ready to carve, but it won’t carve. Thanks

Suzanne

It’s not going to “recognize” non proofgrade material. You don’t even have to chose a material. Just set the focus or manually set the height of the material.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try it again.

Select “Uncertified Material”, then manually select your power/speed/lpi settings along with cut/score/engrave for each individual part of your file. As stated above, use the set focus tool or enter your precise material height.

1 Like

Thanks. Will try again!

Have you gone through the First Prints tutorials? It sounds like it would be very helpful to get you started.

3 Likes

Another way to go about it is pick a PG material close to what you’re cutting and modify settings from there if needed. For example, my 1/8" Baltic birch ply works great at the Medium Maple Plywood settings as is.

2 Likes

The very first time you use non-proofgrade materials you have to press a button on the bottom of that slide-out. On some screens you cannot see it unless you zoom-out.

1 Like

thanks. Will try.

1 Like

Just ordered mine yesterday. I’m reading up on everything I can before it comes in. This is very helpful.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You will be well prepared for your Glowforge if you read extensively in the forum. There is about 5 years of experience in here.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!:pray:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.