Recommendations/advice for new users?

Hi everyone, I am brand new to the glowforge world. I have been reading and researching for months, but now I finally have access to this amazing GF community and all is experienced users!!

As I am still waiting for my machine to arrive I want to take this time to start designing some Ideas. I typically do graphic design work on my iPad with procreate.

Since I am new to 2D design and laser printing I was wondering what are some of the best programs and or apps to use with the glowforge??

Also if there is any advice you would wish you could have gotten when you were first starting out it would be greatly appreciated!

Wishing you all health & safety. -Kara

1 Like

Welcome!

Luckily for you, this has been covered many times.

This post will get you started.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I figured it has been talked about but still getting to know the community and how it works. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

The biggest challenge will be to sit still and read it all while you’re eager to laser things. Luckily, you don’t have a laser yet, so now’s the time to really dig in! Everything you read now will pay you back over and over.

5 Likes

Great thanks for the help!

1 Like

my advise: search before asking. Most topics are already covered and you do not have to wait.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.