Recommended acrylic sheets?

I have been watching the shop and waiting anxiously for the clear acrylic to come back :heart:

I’m getting ready for an event and was curious if anyone else found some reliable acrylic sheets to use?

Thanks so much

I just buy acrylic from my local glass shop, cuts just the same and for me its quite a bit cheaper.

4 Likes

Acrylic is acrylic and it’s all basically the same formula, so where you get it just depends on what’s cheapest and easiest for you. In my area (west coast), TAP Plastic is my go-to source because they have cheap scraps and I like to support local folks to avoid shipping and support my community.
It’s been discussed a lot so there’s no reason to reinvent the wheel, so here ya go. :slight_smile:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=acrylic%20sources

A new seller I hear good things about is “Cerulean Tides” and buyers speak very highly of the owner. Several other newer suppliers are popping up all the time and many of them are fellow GF owners which is nice. You can find a bunch of them here. (Hey, @mkolitsky, you might find this reference list helpful too. I know several of the folks listed sell fluorescent acrylic.)

2 Likes

You can also Google local acrylic dealer. That’ll bring up anybody within your area, and bonus is that they typically have a scrap bin that they will sell pieces out of on the cheap.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I’m new at my machine so I was really unsure.

1 Like

I like the sound of that!

1 Like

We’ve all been there and there’s lots to learn. Hang in there and in no time you’ll be helping others. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Regal Plastics- Locations all over the midwest

I live in the middle of the ocean so canal plastics and TAP charge insane shipping fees, I was lucky enough to find a local dealer, so I try and recommend that route all the time! The only downside I had was they charge a crazy amount for cuts here, so ask if there’s a difference between full sheets and cut!

3 Likes

Since you’re new I bet you’ll find this post really useful:

Thanks, really appreciate the advice about where to find acrylic and especially fluorescent.

Mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.