Refurbished GF fresh in the mail might not be working?

I just sent back my old glowforge and got the refurbished one. While I wait for support figured I would ask here incase it is an easy fix (though I am in fear I will be sending this one back).

So the new glowforge I plugged in after transferring my crumb tray. Tried the gift of good measure. Put a small piece of proofgrade draft board in center. It was laying flat, the lenses are all clean and it did not cut through. Engraved fine but zero cuts through on the back even , looks fresh.

So tried my own draft board I have used a thousand times before, then realized the engraving was dark and got lighter to the right. The gift of good measure was in a different spot on the board so not in the center of the GF. Notcing this I did one more thing:
Got a large piece of draft bard, set up to do two gifts of good measure . One on the left side of the draftboard near top left of GF work area, and the other on the top right. This was a tragedy. The left side gogm, engraved fine and no real cut through on the cut part. The right side gogm, did not engrave at all, the only marks it made was when it attempted to cut to which it was not even remotely through the board (which was also flat). I have not seen this before , 0 cut throughs and not even close to a cut through or engraving on the right side. Any quick fixes?

2 Likes

Sadly that may be a misaligned mirror, but there’s also a chance it’s just dirt or a fingerprint.
Wipe the mirror that’s under the left edge, and the lenses and give it another go on more PG if you can.

3 Likes

Same story. I am guessing there is no way to re-align mirrors by hand?

If there was I would be more scared of them. it is hard to adjust for 0.01 degree or 0.001 mm movement. It is not unusual that this happens in shipping due to rough treatment and just showing support is most likely a new exchange.

3 Likes

Your refurbished unit has a 90 day warranty. They may have to replace it again.

2 Likes