Refurbished Unit!

Received my refurbished unit today. 1 can not connect to my internet 2 sounds like it’s going to take flight at any minute. First I laughed then I cried what more could go wrong? Also there is an odd spot light in the unit never seen in my old one.

Where is the spot light coming from ?

Under the print head but I can’t even connect it to my network

I just got mine, took a while to connect, that is a pain. Had to use windows computer .
That light should not be on. Are you on mac or windows?

Disconnect the white cable, inspect the pins to make sure all are straight, and then reconnect. The light should not be on.

I have a windows computer :sob:

[quote=“spgreen, post:1, topic:77375, full:true”]
Received my refurbished unit today. 1 can not connect to my internet 2 sounds like it’s going to take flight at any minute. First I laughed then I cried what more could go wrong? Also there is an odd spot light in the unit never seen in my old one.
[/quote] and the jet plane!!!

Finally got it connected to internet cut 1 ornament and have an orange light

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble with your new replacement unit. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compared it with the details you’ve provided.

Based on the log files, I do see that you were able to connect your unit to your network, but it appears your Printer Head is experiencing trouble communicating.

There are two key connections I’d like you to check for me.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.
  3. There is a small tab in the center of the wire ribbon. Push down fully on the tab to release it, and gently pull the wire ribbon plug from the printer head.
  4. Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon. It should look like this.
  5. Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon back into the head until it clicks.
  6. As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.
  7. Pull the laser arm all the way forward.
  8. Reach over the laser arm, and to the left of the inside of the unit and you’ll see this circuit board:
  9. Take a photo of the circuit board. If the cable I’ve indicated above with the red arrow appears to be loose, please reconnect it and try printing again. This cable should ‘click’ back into place.
  10. Turn your Glowforge back on.
  11. Send us the photos you took in step 4 and step 9.

Once we can review these photos, we’ll send over the next best steps.

it still sound like a jet plane. Also can not print there is an orange light on

lets see if its the fan , can you turn it off and check it like this :slight_smile:

This should make it run quieter and give some direction as to if its the machine which i think it is or the fan.

I tried it both ways no change. And regardless what I do I turn on the machine it tries to start up then I get the orange light.

I posted pics 2 days ago. It would be great to get a response soon. Thank you

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.