Reintroduce original upgrade discount?

While we were having pie we couldn’t know it would be offered again. Neither did they.

But I do feel the same as you if it were done by someone trying to do an initial buy or an additional unit at the discount. For someone who has been in it from the start with a Basic I wouldn’t mind if they got a discount on a Pro upgrade. They would have the advantage of knowing what Dan announced for secret features but that’s not too far from what we thought we knew a year ago.

I don’t expect it’s going to be an issue though. Dan was very quick to decline to entertain it the first time it was raised yesterday.

1 Like

Realistically, I don’t really care either – I’ve also been in with Basic since <10/24. I understand their wish for the option, but it doesn’t impact me either.

I think the people who really are offended are people who call it an “investment” in the same way that gold is an investment. If I were these people, I’d keep my order and later sell it for something in the range of pre-order and post-sale pricing.

But getting my money back, with a voucher for buying a pre-release forge, where I could presumably sell at a profit to someone else? Not on my agenda.

1 Like

I have no real desire to upgrade from my Basic (no filter). However I do think that upgrades should be grandfathered to those who preordered, at their particular preorder price. I think that’s reasonable, would make a lot of folks happy, and at little to no cost to the company.

I’m sorry, @bct.goble, unfortunately we’ve decided not to change our pricing, either for new or existing customers.

Hi Dan,

How about increasing the current price further to make it seem like the early adopters got an even BETTER deal? :smile:

6 Likes

Nah, the more affordable things can be, the more are out making cool things that we all of us get to use.

8 Likes

No, I got the joke, hilarious comic, by the way; It’s just a corollary statement.

I’m a very content person. Never ever angry or sad, but that’s the first time I have laughed out loud in a couple months.

Edit: The dog looked over at me and growled.

8 Likes