Remove paper mask with ease

Its been talked about on here but since Ive been using this technique alot recently, I figured I’d get a short vid…
Duct tape is your friend for removing paper mask. I airbrush these with black acrylic to make the designs pop. Removing the mask can be tedious and can leave smears on the wood if not careful. Doing it this way is easy and clean…
Sorry for the jiggly video, should have used one if my phone holders…lol

56 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

I finally got the gorilla tape and it makes a huge difference in removing masking on living hinges.

36 Likes

Great video demo! :grinning:

3 Likes

Duct tape can fix an infinite number of problems. You could’ve duct taped the phone to your forehead, freeing both hands.

25 Likes

I saw the duct tape thing in the video Dan made that’s going around Facebook and thought I’d have to try it out when my Glowforge comes… After this video I guess I’m just gonna go stock-up on duct tape! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Get some Gorilla tape or equivalent.

3 Likes

Thanks for the video, @smcgathyfay.

Someone in my building was throwing away several rolls of different types of gaffer’s tape a while back. I grabbed the lot of them in anticipation of getting my GF.

I know that gaffer’s tape is not quite as sticky as duct tape, though. Does anyone have experience with both kinds. Does one work better than the other?

2 Likes

Gaffer tape is wonderful stuff. I don’t know how it compares to duct tape for removing masking, but for most purposes I find it better than duct tape.

5 Likes

Duct tape is way cheaper than gorilla tape…lol

4 Likes

Gaffertape is my prefered choice too as it is easily removable. However the older it get’s the more crap it will give you. Duct tape is a messy product but cheaper and it holds better for permanent fixings.

My guess is duct tape works better for mask removal but gaffer will bring you a long way.

3 Likes

Always good to have options. Thanks!

I was going to say the same thing but was thinking it might not get the job done because of that. But since I never tried it… So I’ll definitely compare when I get my 'forge.

1 Like

Lifesaving tip!

This topic was automatically closed 29 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.