Rendering your design

I cannot uplaod any designs to see them on my GF. this includes catalog items. Can you please help me get through this!

Knowing specifically what you’ve tried so far, including screenshots, would help us help you. I’m sure you’re really frustrated, but there’s a lot of helpful folks here that can provide next steps.

danger%20tag

I am stuck at Rendering Your Design while trying to upload the attached SVG file

not terribly frustrated. Just dont know what I need to do.

What happens when/if you sign out of the app, then open the Gift of Good Measure? Same error?

I was able to open catalog items and a couple other files. but not this one.

sometimes nothing, sometimes "We’re sorry, an unexpected error has occurred.
If the issue persists, please contact us at support@glowforge.com with details about what’s causing this error to occur."
i have emailed support and am waiting for their response.

Usual thing to try is see if the ruler loads. If it does then your file is too large or some other issue with it.
If the ruler will not render, then support will need to see what is what.

i did eventually get the ruler to load. Maybe i will try to load it as a different type of file.

So, problem is likely with the file… Are you using Inkscape, Illustrator, ??? I’d double check the suggested export/save as settings in the Matrix: https://bitmy/gfmatrix

I’m away from my computer, so can’t check your file directly…

1 Like

Inkscape. i saved it as a PDF and it loaded. thank you for your help!

Without jumping too far into the file, the first thing that I can see is that when you are doing text, it needs to be converted to outlines.

1 Like

I just tried opening your SVG file and it’s all text, which needs to be converted to a path before any other design software or GFUI will be able to read it. In Inkscape that is done through the menu “Path ->Object To Path”

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

@jbmanning5 and @mpipes are right. Your file includes text as well as an undefined shape.

I see you have a work around and I’m glad it helped.

If you run into this again, please do the following:

1. Open the file in Inkscape
  2. Select the rectangle and the text
  3. Choose Path > Object to Path
  4. Save the file as a Plain SVG
  5. Upload and print

If you have any other questions, please post a new topic.

1 Like