Renewed Optimism - Small Box

I did that in Fusion 360.

1 Like

Oh man, I’m so glad I found this post. I’ve been looking for inspiration on a glueless box and this is giving me some ideas. Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

But here’s one of these I lasered for myself.

25 Likes

Looks great! :grinning:

Nice job!

Tell me more about the surface it’s sitting on! That looks suspiciously forged and quite interesting in and of itself…

3 Likes

Good question! That’s one of my Pai Sho boards that thanks to Glowforge, I make and sell. See SkudPaiSho.com and https://www.instagram.com/skudpaisho/ for more about what that is :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Follow-up question: What “settings” did you use for annealing? Did you bake this in your oven? Temp and time? As separate red/black layers or together? :blush:

Oooh.
Do a search in the forums to confirm this… but low temp for an hour.

My kitchen oven at 200 or 225 degrees Fahrenheit? Something like that.
Well Cooler than the melting point. You don’t want to distort; just relax.

I set my acrylic on aluminum foil-lined cookie sheet - so I don’t have to wonder if my cookies are infused with plastic later on.

1 Like

Do we think this will seal the joints - to make them waterproof?

This may not be an appropriate question - and if it’s not, please disregard - but any chance you could share the Fusion 360 plans in addition to the SVG files? I find adjusting thickness, size, etc much easier in Fusion…

I’m not sure what is the best way of sharing it. I exported it to a f3d file. Hopefully you can import that somehow.

I also had to zip it to put it on this forum.

Let me know if that works for you.

Small Box GF v6.zip (416.2 KB)

5 Likes

AMAZING. You’re my hero! :trophy:

Thank you so much.

1 Like

No. Not at all.

1 Like

If you wanted to seal the inner acrylic you can get acrylic glue with fuses the acrylic to itself. if you use a good line inside AFTER ASSEMBLY it should work. That stuff is available at TAPP Plastics

I can’t find the SVG. Can you help, please?
This is a great little box.

Right up there in the first post. It looks like this:

2 Likes

Ruth, that doesn’t show up on my computer like that. I get the “Here is the SVG (right click to save it.” but there is no image there.

That’s weird. I just downloaded and zipped it – try this one:

renewed-optimism-small-box.svg.zip (2.8 KB)

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve missed you.
I’m rusty from being on the road so long.

1 Like

I’m kinda boring right now – still doing the gimpy post-surgery thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like