Repair Status

Hello Glowforge… You have had my Pro for 4 days for repair and no status update.

Also, for the collective, why can I never find the Chat button on the GF website?

Back to your regularly scheduled Lasering…

1 Like

Making this worse, I just tried to login to the APP and it treats me like I am a new purchaser, can’t see my files, etc.

Okay, can’t help you with the app problems, but historically, the repair of a machine takes from several weeks to a month, so schedule your future jobs accordingly. They will contact you when they have something concrete to report, and you probably won’t hear from them until then. (Your machine is likely still in transit to the repair location after only 4 days. I doubt the repair team has even seen it yet.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My GF ARRIVED at the repair site last Friday. All I have asked them for is CONFIRMATION that it is in queue and an approximate date.

Although I REALLY do want to know why I can’t use the APP right now.

It sucks but their repair process isn’t very transparent. You likely won’t get much response from what I’ve seen. The way I understand it, they farm the repairs to a different company entirely and even the GF people don’t know the when and what and why that happens with the repairs. They just get an eventual repair “category” and total price for the repair.

1 Like

This is correct.

The Chat options is only shown when someone is available to answer it.

1 Like

They don’t know. The repair outfit is another company (contractor) and they don’t keep Glowforge informed of individual machines, they just repair the next one in place. As soon as Glowforge finds out from them what needs to be done, they will contact you about it. (It’s not great for keeping the customer up to date along the way, but it’s more cost effective for the customers.)

Support can probably help with the app problem though. (Just figure it’s better to know why you’re not hearing from them than waste time and energy fretting.)

2 Likes

Jules, I am not really complaining too much, but I have been in the customer service business in one form or another for 45 years and I can tell you that if my communications to customers was as poor as GF’s is, I would have been UNEMPLOYED by the first week.

If costs VERY little to keep customers in the loop on delayed orders or repairs, but it does SO MUCH for customer satisfaction.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. They’re just not set up that way.

I’m sure that communications between the various companies involved in this are going to get much better as time goes on, but they’re still “new” from a company standpoint. In twenty years, it’s going to look a lot different.

Doesn’t help the folks today though. And it’s tough to not be able to explain the difference to people who haven’t experienced it before.

Anyway…it is what it is. Hopefully the repair will be minimal and you can get back to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Support just got back to me, repair is in process. The had to temporarily remove the machine from my account so that the techs could work on it.

4 Likes

Very useful to know!

2 Likes

Really? (First time I’ve heard of that one, so it is good to know. ) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wonder if people typically just aren’t in their app when their machine is out for repair? Interesting to know, though!

2 Likes

Yep…I keep learning stuff every day with this thing. (Which is good, because otherwise…the Hallmark channel.) :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I admit to watching, but I swear that I’m losing brain cells. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this tip I will keep an eye on my app. My GF arrived at the repair facility Thursday Dec 19 after a frustrating wait for shipping invoice and shipping label. On Dec 3 I was told by support they had a slight backlog and repair would be out probably two weeks after receipt of the machine.

I agree with you on the lack of customer service support. My machine has been down since Nov 12. Unfortunately, no money made during Christmas season with which to pay the repair bill whenever it does get here and many planned Christmas gifts were not made.

I’ve been very distraught.

Yay! Got a note today that my GF is repaired and on it’s way home! SHOULD be here Thursday.

Still cannot log into my account, though.

2 Likes

So today I can’t login…hopefully that means they are repairing!
This is what shows up in the browser
https://glowforge.com/no_glowforge
hope that helps someone in the future!

I’m so sorry for the delays in response! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

If you have any other questions, feel free to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.