Repairs, orange light, last tube going out, and diagnosis in the aftermath

It’s been suggested. I don’t think it even got into the “hopper”. But I believe they are now testing in advance of rolling out new versions which should help prevent most untoward events. They are maturing as an organization which is good progress. I know it’s hard to build a new company from the ground up, but they do make head-scratching decisions sometimes :slightly_smiling_face: I don’t try second guessing them as I don’t have all the information they have when making decisions. Just have to accept what is or walk away.

1 Like

the real issue with this, as relates to this thread, is it’s a really expensive “move on.” either you pay a crapload of cash to fix a machine and then sell it, or you eat the cost of the machine to not get it fixed.

i don’t disagree that the elements of secrecy have been here from the beginning. i was far more accepting of this earlier in the program because there were reasons for them to be secretive before everything was out in the wild. but over the past two years, those reasons have gone away. it’s really annoying that they’ve continued down that path.

and yeah, at some point i can move on if it gets to be too much. but there are lots of other good things going on here, i’d like to keep encouraging GF to become a better company and deal with their customers better than just walk away at that point.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback. I’ve let the team know that you’d prefer a full breakdown of parts and work done. Unfortunately the information flow from the repair facility back to us isn’t perfect. I’ll ask if it’s possible for us to arrange things so that the repair facility can relay the work details back to our customer communications systems.

9 Likes