Replacement Glowforge Question

I received a replacement of my glowforge but didn’t receive my accessory box. So I am missing my hose, hose clamps, crumb tray, and electrical cord. Am I supposed to keep my old glowforge parts or am I missing actually a box?

I did email glowforge but they responded with auto-email saying they won’t be able to get back with me for a few days.

Has anyone else encountered this? I need to send my broken machine back but I’m not sure if I should send it back or if I need to keep those old parts for my new machine.

I did contact FedEx and they said if I was expecting two unattached boxes that I should have been given two tracking numbers, but I was only given one.

Help!

You don’t send back the accessories - just the machine & it’s important bits. There are instructions here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/moving-your-glowforge-properly

When I had a service done they did specify in the email, but presuming your issue isn’t with your crumb tray or hose there’s no reason to send anything that comes in the accessory box back

5 Likes

Thats what I thought. However, it does say to pack the accessory box in the instructions on the link. Should I wait to hear from them, do you think?

-Leah

Yeah, though those instructions cover if you’re moving as well, not just warranty. I can only answer from my experience, but they said don’t ship anything that comes in the 2nd box - they’re only giving you 1 shipping label, so it’s only the stuff in the big box.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone they just responded and said I need to keep my old accessories.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help @deirdrebeth, that is correct. Keep your crumb tray, power cord, exhaust hose, lens tool, and Proofgrade materials. I am going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions feel free to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.