Replacement machine not connecting and dropped an O-ring

Solved

Hello,
Our replacement machine for the borked one arrived yesterday. I unboxed and set it up this morning. I turned it on, connected it, and it still says offline on the app. I’m sure I’m just missing some way to disconnect the old machine here, but I can’t seem to find any special instructions for getting a new machine.

The more worrying thing is this o-ring that appeared on the floor of the machine after it did it’s “first time turned on” dance.

The rubber ring is from the packaging screws that hold it in place during shipment. Just put it with all the other important red and orange bits! Did you click on it in the upper right corner to see the right glowforge? The old one might still be on there and you might be seeing that.

Just my thoughts

4 Likes

Thank you, there is a missing o-ring on one of the orange screws!

You were also right about choosing the different machine, I didn’t even think that was a drop down.

Awesome, glad I could be of help and it was a quick easy fix!

2 Likes

Support can remove the old machine from the drop down listing (this opened a trouble ticket with them, so no need to send further email or make another post).

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for the challenging start. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since opening this topic. That’s great!

As for the black washer, I see that you’ve already gotten help with this. Thanks, @josephtpage!

I’ve gone ahead and removed the other unit from your account. Next time you log in at app.glowforge.com, you should only see one Glowforge on the list.

Could you please let me know if you’re still running into any trouble?

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!